[Mailman-Users] list discription in header?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Oct 31 22:52:36 EDT 2015

On 10/31/2015 06:38 PM, Adam Morris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm by no mean an expert on mailman just using it through my hosting
> provider.
> I've created a list and the below shows up in the header, wondering how
> to stop this so it just says the list address?

> Blind
>     and Vision impaired people." <atug.damorris.com>

That text comes from the list's 'description' attribute set in the
list's web admin UI General Options page. It is exposed in a few plases
including The List-Id: header, the Description on the listinfo overview
page and the title of the list's listinfo page.

You can set it to anything you want including empty, but it will affect
all those places.