[Mailman-Users] importing archived Maildir email lists into Mailman lists archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 2 17:16:56 CEST 2015

On 09/02/2015 04:30 AM, [IDIS Technical Secretariat] Ricardo Rodríguez
wrote:

> Before going ahead, there is one thing I'm curious about as I don't
> understand it. Please, why does the path to the mbox file
> include <listname>.mbox twice? Here...
>
> http://wiki.list.org/DOC/How%20do%20I%20import%20an%20archive%20into%20a%20new%20mailing%20list%3F
>
> It reads...
>
> archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox

That's just the way Mailman does it. archives/private/ contains two
directories per list. The archives/private/<listname>/ directory
contains the full pipermail archive (various files and directories) and
The archives/private/<listname>.mbox/ directory contains the cumulative
archive mbox file also named <listname>.mbox.