[Mailman-Users] All confirmation emails going to SPAM on gmail

Nitin Sharma nitinics at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:21:15 CEST 2015

Hi All,

So I set up mailman ( mailman-2.1.15-21.20 ) and have my
SPF/DKIM/DMARC set for my domain.

All of the confirmation emails sent are classified under Gmail as
"Spam". The list postings however are correctly sent to Forum Tab.

I see that "Precedence:bulk" is set on the confirmation emails,
whereas "Precedence:list" is set on the posting. I think that's okay.

Confirmation emails are important and I want to increase the
likelihood of it not being classified as spam.

I opened a discussion in here too , which contain all the headers -
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/gmail/mxkNC3b_KK0/8xEoHtksLRoJ

According to the Bulk sender's guidelines :
I have mostly all done correct except the below
1. Unsubscribe option - Don't have it since confirmation email means
the user hasn't subscribed yet.
2. Use the same address in the 'From:' header on every bulk mail you
send. - This on mailman's confirmation email is sent as
list+confirm+<vars>@domain , and this changes every time. Is there a
way to make this consistent?

Thanks
Nitin