[Mailman-Users] Potential "Bounce" Question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 10 18:56:49 CEST 2015

On 09/10/2015 01:42 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> @Mark & anybody else familiar with the FAQ: Some of the information
> below isn't in the DMARC FAQ, and some of it doesn't seem to be in FAQ
> at all.  Pointers to relevant FAQs would be appreciated as I will
> update & xref in the next few days as I find time.

Thanks Steve. Currently, the only two wiki articles are
<http://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC> and <http://wiki.list.org/x/17891458>.

Updating, xrefing and possibly a new article will all be good.

> Nancy C writes:
>
>  > I am the admin for a group & some members frequently get warning messages
>  > like this:
>  >
>  > "Your current bounce score is 3.0 out of a maximum of 5.0"
>  > What can be done to reduce / eliminate these messages?
>
> The first thing I would suggest is to upgrade Mailman.  As far as I
> can tell, Mailman 2.1.20 doesn't send those messages, period (there's
> a template for it, but I can't find anywhere it's used).

That actual message is not sent in an email notice, but it does appear
on the user's 'options' page if the user's score is > 0.