[Mailman-Users] has anyone built a package (or bundle) for Mailman 3 on Ubuntu?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Sep 16 02:02:50 CEST 2015

Ricardo Kleemann writes:

 > I wanted to give it a try. I understand it requires multiple
 > packages to get it working, and wondering if there's already
 > anywhere I can point to to install via apt-get.

Not that has been announced on this list, and it seems unlikely.

Mailman 3.0 is a source release only.  There's a volunteer to produce
a Debian package, targeting release of 3.1 in a few months (we hope).
For us, that will also be a source-only release, which is the
traditional practice in any case.  I suppose that with improvements in
the Python package distribution system, Mailman might eventually move
toward releases of the various components as wheels.

Further discussion should be directed to the developers' list.