[Mailman-Users] Multiple "Re:" in subject

Camille Ollié ovh at forum-pc.net
Wed Sep 16 21:03:15 CEST 2015

Le 16/09/2015 05:27, Mark Sapiro a écrit :
> Well, judging by the subject in your reply to me, your MUA does the
> right thing, with Subjects that begin with Re:
>
> But there are other issues here. The example above is from a list at a
> site which has configured
>
> OLD_STYLE_PREFIXING = No
>
> So that Mailman puts the subject_prefix ([Bar]) at the beginning of the
> Subject: so a list post will be distributed with a Subject: like
>
> Subject: [Mailman-Users] Re: Multiple "Re:" in subject
>
> rather than
>
> Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Multiple "Re:" in subject
>
> With this subject, a replying MUA probably creates the subject like
>
> Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Re: Multiple "Re:" in subject
>
> but Mailman has logic in the subject prefixing code to remove redundant
> Re:, Aw:, Sv: and Vs: from the beginning of the subject in this case so
> Subject: headers with multiple Re: such as your example should not be
> occurring, however there appears a bug in that code. It will remove all
> the redundant Re:s from
>
> Subject: Re: [Bar] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: IMP tice
>
> but not from
>
> Subject: [Bar] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: IMP tice
>
> I will fix it.

Hi,

sorry to send the answer ony to you, i've not seen the To: address in
Thunderbird (shame on me !)

So, how can i fix it ? I've downloaded and installed mailman 3 and it
was very difficult because there is no deb package.

--
Camille Ollié

www.forum-pc.net / www.scoot-boost.com

LinkedIn : http://lnkd.in/_K65k5