[Mailman-Users] Regexp for blocking addresses

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 29 04:47:24 CEST 2015

On 09/28/2015 10:22 AM, Chris Nulk wrote:

> Would it make sense to define the "bad users" in mm_cfg.py?  That way it
> would be a bit easier to add/remove/change addresses when needed.  Also,
> wouldn't updating Mailman replace the modified
> /path/to/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py?

Yes, making it an mm_cfg setting might be better and would certainly be
done if I were making this a feature, but I'm not, so modifying
MailList.py would be required in any case, and yes, these mods would be
reversed by an update. That's why if you make local mods to the code,
you MUST keep a local patch file or other record so you can figure out
after an upgrade which of your local mods are still required and how to
apply them.