[Mailman-Users] Regexp for blocking addresses

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 29 18:55:30 CEST 2015

On 09/29/2015 08:24 AM, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> Got it, thanks. I will switch to that one. Now would like to figure out
> how to delete all my futile attempts from the ban list. Tried modifying
> the ban script to remove instead of append, but I'm still doing
> something wrong.

If the various list's ban_list attributes were empty to start with, use
the following withlist script based on
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/add_banned.py>

----------------------Cut-----------------------------
"""Set the ban_list for all lists to a single address or regexp.

Save as bin/set_banned.py

Run via

   bin/withlist -a -r set_banned -- <address_to_ban>

where <address_to_ban> is the actual email address or regexp
to be set as ban_list for all lists.
"""

def set_banned(mlist, address):
    if not mlist.Locked():
        mlist.Lock()
    mlist.ban_list = [address]
    mlist.Save()
    mlist.Unlock()

If you want to remove individual regexps/addresses from all list's
ban_list, changing 'ban_list.append(address)' to
'ban_list.remove(address)' in whatever script you were using should
work, but the value of 'address' has to be exactly what is in ban_list
that you want to remove.