[Mailman-Users] Fwd: BCC and bounces

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Sep 29 19:12:18 CEST 2015

On 09/29/2015 07:05 AM, Borja Riesgo Juan wrote:

> MY problem is the following. My ISP doen´st allow to send more than
> 100 messages per hour.
> I have a music group with 100-150 people in it.
> I have to sent messages in the CCO field but now this is not allow in
> my ISP and
> the only thing they allow me to do is sending using mailman.
>  I want that the aspect of the mail are similiar to the mails that
> have users in the CCO.
>  That's the rest for hidden the list. i don´t want they reply the
> list, and i want them to reply to my email address.

The FAQ article at <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030685> explains how to set
up such a list.

> may change the listname-bounces at domainname? i don´t like this. why is
> this created? what is the aim of this address?

This address is used as the envelope sender and as the Sender: and
listname-bounces address for Mailman's automated bounce processing.

> i have asked to update to a new vesion or mailman and the answer from
> my isp is that is not allowed. the version with the isp 2.1.12. the
> have to updte the cpanel

If you have issues with your hosting provider, there are plenty of
others who offer current cPanel which includes Mailman 2.1.20.