[Mailman-Users] DMARC bouncing of yahoo and hotmail users

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 13 18:06:16 EDT 2016

On 4/13/16 11:22 AM, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

> I've started noticing bounces to yahoo and hotmail users with this
> rejection message:
>
>  Unfortunately, messages from (xxx) on behalf of (yahoo.com.br) could not
> be delivered due to domain owner policy restrictions. (in reply to end of
> DATA command))

Yahoo recently started applying DMARC p=reject to more domains. See
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2016-April/080678.html>.

> In researching this problem I found this thread:

>>From the thread it seems to indicate that Mailman v2.1.19 would have a
> workaround for the issue.
>
> First, does anyone know if the updates in Mailman do indeed address the
> issue?

There have been workarounds for this issue since 2.1.16, but they didn't
get serious until 2.1.18 and have seen continuous tweaking since then.

See the FAQ articles at <http://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC> and
<http://wiki.list.org/x/17891458>

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/17891606>.