[Mailman-Users] My first time setting up mailman, some misc questions/comments

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Apr 14 17:16:33 EDT 2016

On 04/14/2016 12:57 PM, Sean McBride wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 09:07:29 -0700, Mark Sapiro said:
>
>>> - the docs say "Mailman should work pretty much out of the box with a
>> standard Postfix installation. It has been tested with various Postfix
>> versions up to and including Postfix 2.1.5."  I'm assuming that version
>> number is just out-of-date?  Does mailman work with modern postfix?
>>

>> Yes. I will update the installation manual.

I've done that now in the online versions (refresh the page if it isn't
the 'April 14' version. The update will be in the tarball of the next
(2.1.22) release.

> Thanks!
>
>> I am guessing the Mac OS X docs you refer to are the wiki page at
>> <http://wiki.list.org/x/4030523>.
>
> Yes, and also section 15.3 of mailman-install.pdf.

That section has a highlighted note at the top saying: "Much of the
following is no longer applicable to more recent versions of MacOSX. See
the FAQ at http://wiki.list.org/x/O4A9 for links to more recent
information." I think that's sufficient.

>> If so, you can update that yourself.
>> See the first paragraph at <http://wiki.list.org/FrontPage> to obtain
>> write access to the wiki.
>
> email sent, thanks.

You also need to register as a user and let us know your registered user
name.