[Mailman-Users] Command output: post script, list not found: XXXXX

Steve Wehr steve at tunedinweb.com
Fri Apr 15 18:40:58 EDT 2016

First of all I apologize of there is already ananswer to this question. I
have been googling and reading your doc for days in hopes of finding an
answer.

I was running mailman successfully for years on my server. Then this week I
cut over to a new server and hired someone to install the latest version of
mailman and migrate all my existing lists. This mostly works.

I can run /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_lists and all my lists are displayed. I
can use the mailman admin page to list all my lists and I can edit each of
them from there.

But when I try to send email to any list, my email is sent back to me with
the following message:

<Test at tunedinweb.com>: Command died with status 1:

    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post test". Command output: post script,

    list not found: test

I have run:

root: /usr/lib/mailman/bin>sudo -u mail /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post
test </dev/null

post script, list not found: test

and:

root: /var/lib/mailman/lists>ls -ld test

drwxrwsr-x 2 apache mailman 4096 Apr 15 17:35 test

root: /var/lib/mailman/lists>ls -l test

total 20

-rw-rw---- 1 apache mailman 5061 Apr 15 17:35 config.pck

-rw-rw---- 1 apache mailman 5060 Apr 15 17:34 config.pck.last

-rw-rw-r-- 1 root   mailman   22 Mar 29 13:50 request.pck

Can you help me find out what is wrong?

Thanks.

Steve Wehr

Tunedin Web Design <http://www.tunedinweb.com/>