[Mailman-Users] Message footers

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Apr 17 12:38:34 EDT 2016

On 04/17/2016 04:39 AM, Christian F Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:
> Hi all
>
> The standard message footers for my lists are

> What would the syntax be to get the following result (I don't like to experiment on the live lists):

> Get Help: <mailto:listname-request at domain.com?subject=help>

First of all, the msg_footer is plain text, not HTML so something like

Get Help: <mailto:listname-request at domain.com?subject=help>

will appear as that text, not as an active mailto link

> would <mailto:%(real_name)s-request@%(host_name)s?subject=help> for the help line worrk? Or rather not?

It would produce the result you have above, but it would not be an
active link unless the recipient's MUA makes it one. In any case,

Get Help: <%(real_name)s-request@%(host_name)s?subject=help>

would probable be better. Go to the web admin UI Non-digest options page
and click (Details for msg_footer) to see what replacements are
available, and as Barry Finkel suggests, create a test list and experiment.