[Mailman-Users] FW: Installation issues

Hellings Simon (EAST KENT HOSPITALS UNIVERSITY NHS FOUNDATION TRUST) simon.hellings at nhs.net
Tue Apr 19 04:18:44 EDT 2016

Hi folks

I was speaking to someone last night on the IRC chat room @ http://webchat.freenode.net/ who suggested sending an email to this address to try and find a solution to my issues.

I have been trying to get Mailman 3 installed on an Ubuntu 14.04 server.

I thought I had followed the instructions from https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Mailman%203.0/Mailman%203.0%20Suite%20Install%20on%20Ubuntu and http://mailman-bundler.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ but am getting an error 500 when I try and browse to http://x.x.x.x:8000/mailman3.  I can open http://x.x.x.x:8000/archives and the login button seems to work, but when I click manage lists I get an error 500 again.

The entire process I followed is below:

*         sudo apt-get update

*         sudo apt-get install git python3-dev python3-pip python-dev python-pip python-virtualenv

*         sudo apt-get install nodejs npm

*         sudo npm install -g less

*         sudo ln -s /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node

*         created new user 'mailmanuser'

*         'mkdir /opt/mailman'

*         'sudo chown mailmanuser:mailmanuser mailman'

*         'su mailman'

*         'cd /opt/mailman'

*         git clone https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman-bundler.git

*         virtualenv -p /usr/lib/python2.7 venv

*         source venv/bin/activate

*         changed password in mailman_web/testing.py

*         cd mailman-bundler

*         pip install zc.buildout

*         buildout

*         sudo apt-get install ruby-sass

*         ./bin/mailman-post-update

*         ./bin/mailman-web-django-admin createsuperuser

*         ./bin/mailman start

*         ./bin/mailman-web-django-admin runserver 0.0.0.0:8000

I have attached the django and mailman logs and the top of the page I get back from the server

I must have missed something but I don't really know where to go from here...  Please can you review and advise if there is anything that  I have missed?

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.  Any pointers greatly received.

Kind regards

Simon Hellings
Senior Database Engineer - Information Technology
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 01233 651 970 (internal extn 723 1970)  | Mob: 07866 793 303

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please respect the environment and only print out this email if necessary.

Thank you for your co-operation.