[Mailman-Users] [SOLVED} RBL Management for new list/IP

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Thu Apr 28 18:30:05 EDT 2016

Hello,

On 4/26/16 6:07 PM, Jim Ohlstein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 4/26/16 5:35 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> On 04/26/2016 02:14 PM, Jim Ohlstein wrote:
>>>
>>> However if I search at https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/ I see:
>>>
>>> 104.250.154.20 is listed in the SBL, in the following records:
>>>
>>> SBLCSS
>>> 104.250.154.20 is not listed in the PBL
>>> 104.250.154.20 is not listed in the XBL
>>

>> And if you follow the SBLCSS link, it's generic and not particularly
>> helpful.
>
> Exactly
>

>> It looks like your DNS and SPF are OK. Are you DKIM signing your
>> outgoing list mail and does your outgoing MTA identify it self as
>> lists.c2.social? These things can help.
>
> No on DKIM. Evidently Postfix and DKIM are not playing nicely on FreeBSD
> and would take some hacking. I may switch to Exim where DKIM support is
> easy to configure.
>
> Yes on MTA identification:
>   # telnet localhost 25
> Trying 10.0.250.37...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 lists.c2.social ESMTP Postfix
>

>> Also, you don't publish a DMARC policy (I don't either), but the lack of
>> one, even if it would be p=none, can count against you. See, e.g.,
>> <https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126>
>>

> Google is not blocking our mails. It's Yahoo, Comcast, gmx, etc. They
> seem to rely on Spamhaus.
>
> I'm thinking this may be because the domain is brand new. Teach me to
> "volunteer" my time for an organization.

I moved the list to a subdomain of a 10 year old domain that I own on an
IP on a different /20 in a different datacenter and the problem is
resolved. It was either the IP, or more likely, the fact that it was a
newly registered domain.

Thanks for your help.

--
Jim Ohlstein

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the
difference." - Mark Twain