[Mailman-Users] display members moderator flag

Beu, Ed (DOA) ed.beu at alaska.gov
Thu Aug 4 12:39:08 EDT 2016

Thank you Mark for all the different options, very useful!

I have another question, which may require a new thread, but here goes.

We have chosen to not give our list managers "Administrative" access to their lists. We feel there are too many options that could be changed that could be detrimental to a list. Therefore we're only giving them the Moderator password so that they can use the 'who' command to obtain membership reports on their own.

Some of these 'list admins' are used to being able to 'unsubscribe' members without the member having to confirm via the email confirmation. Our old system would unsubscribe the member and send a notice that they were removed from the list.

Other than relying on the bounce mechanism or by knowing the members password to remove them, is there any way for a list moderator to accomplish this task? Perhaps access to the 'Membership List' only?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

~Ed

Ed Beu, System Programmer
Dept. of Administration, ETS