[Mailman-Users] Unable to receive email on same domain

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Aug 18 01:57:55 EDT 2016

On 08/12/2016 05:18 PM, Caesar Samsi wrote:
> Resurrecting this for the weekend crew …

Sometimes people are off line for long periods, in this case from Aug 5
to now. Be patient.

> I’ve been able to track it down to this line (but don’t know what to do about it):
>
> virtual_alias_domains = yugi.us <http://yugi.us/>
>
> If I comment the line out, email is received just fine.

>> I’m not able to send email to addresses on the same domain as the mailing list.
>>
>> My postfix is configured to process virtual domains.

So yugi.us is a virtual alias domain. This means EVERY address @yugi.us
must have a virtual alias mapping

>> However, I can’t send anything to regular email addresses even though they have mailboxes there e.g. myemailaddress at yugi.us
>>
>> Postfix complains about the recipient does not exist in the virtual alias map.

So you need a virtual alias mapping, perhaps something like

myemailaddress at yugi.us  myemailaddress at localhost

and similarly for every other xxx at yugi.us address, or perhaps you really
want yugi.us to be a local rather than a virtual domain.