Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 1 11:48:19 EST 2016

On 12/01/2016 04:48 AM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Hi postmaster at python.org
> cc: mailman-users at python.org
>
> I sent this to webmaster at mail.python.org per request of your web page
>
> "Julian H. Stacey" wrote:
>> Hi webmaster at mail.python.org
>> FYI
>> https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-announce
>> Bug in Mailman version 2.1.23
>>
>> We're sorry, we hit a bug!
>>
>> Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.
>
> I got this inapproprate automatic junk back:
>
>> Sender: "Webmaster" <webmaster-bounces+jhs=berklix.com at python.org>
>>
>> READ THIS!  (If you want help.)
>
> No I dont want help. So noise skipped.
> Your site asked for help.  Then your site discarded the help you had requested.

I'm sorry about that. The message about contacting the webmaster is
generic, and is not appropriate for mail.python.org. I'll fix that.

> PS This also fails:

It works for me. Can you be specific about the time this occurred?

For the last 10 hours or so (from about 06:00 until 16:30 UTC) there was
a permissions issue in the error log. There is no traceback there, but
that may be because of the permissions.