[Mailman-Users] Mailman - admin panel - ldap users

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Dec 13 13:25:49 EST 2016

On 12/13/2016 05:59 AM, Zalezny Niezalezny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just would like to know, if its possible to connect LDAP some how with
> Mailman webpanel ?
> I simply would like to create a users in our AD System and give them rights
> to create new maillings lists ?

There is an LDAP MemberAdaptor at
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558106>, but I don't think this
is what you are asking. This adaptor allows using the LDAP database as
the membership list for a list or lists.

If I understand, you want to allow people in your LDAP database to
create lists.

This could be done, but it would require modifying the
Mailman/Cgi/create.py script to somehow authenticate the person trying
to create a list against the LDAP database.

Alternatively, you could create a list whose membership is determined
from your LDAP database and use it to distribute the "list creator"
password which you would change more or less frequently depending on
turnover. Or, this wouldn't even need to be a list. Just some process to
query the LDAP database and send an or otherwise notify people.