[Mailman-Users] cgi wrappers not properly executing

John Covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Fri Dec 16 01:48:58 EST 2016

Hi.  I am using mailman 2.1.23 on a gentoo system.  I run in to the
following problem:

When I try to do anything on the web, I get permission denied error on
/var/lib/mailman/logs/error  .  If I then make that file world
read/write, I get permission denied error on config.pck of the list I
am trying to access.

Now, everything under /var/lib/mailman is owned by mailman.mailman and
the cgi wrappers are all like the following:
-rwxr-sr-x 1 mailman mailman 10512 Nov 16 12:45
/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/admin

Check_perms says no problems.

I am using apache 2.4.23 and here is what loads with mailman
ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/">
	Options +execcgi
require all granted
</Directory>

Alias /pipermail/ "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/"

<Directory "/var/lib/mailman/archives/public/">
	AllowOverride None
	Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
require all granted
</Directory>
#namevirtualhost lists.ccs.covici.com
<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www
ServerName lists
     ServerAlias lists.*
     UseCanonicalName Off
     ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
     Alias /icons/ /usr/lib/mailman/icons/
     Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
     <Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/>
          Options FollowSymLinks
     </Directory>
<Directory "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/">