[Mailman-Users] Mailman Hosting

Mark Dale mark at mailmanlists.net
Wed Dec 21 23:42:28 EST 2016

Hi Odhiambo and Steve,

I'm one of the co-owners of MailmanLists.net that is mentioned in this post.

As Odhiambo said, we've recently moved one of the servers that hosted
Odhiambo's list. This involved a change of IP address, and at the same
time the problem with Verizon kicked into play.

All the DNS records (inc SPF, DKIM) are in place, the server is on no
RBLs, con-current connections to the recieving mail servers is set at 2
in Postfix. In short, all the right boxes are ticked as far as we can see.

Point noted about the time needed to build a good IP reputation. In
light of that, we moved the list to our old established server in
Europe. It has a SenderScore of 99, and of course all the same boxes are
ticked. Verizon still rejected list mail.

As they have been somewhat resistant to address the issue in any real
way, I do agree with Steven that they may listen to loud complaints from
their own customers. However, that doesn't help Odhiambo right now.

We haven't brushed Odhiambo off, but rather have worked with him on this
problem trying to fix it. However, right now all our best intents are
not helping - so any suggestions for a workaround on this would be truly
appreciated.

His list has around 400 members, with 70 or so being Verizon customers.

Regards,
Mark

  MailmanLists - hosted discussion lists
  Canberra, Australia