[Mailman-Users] web interface for sync_members redux

Thu Feb 11 14:58:07 EST 2016

I see that people have requested in the past a web interface to the
syn_members functionality, and found at least two patches to modify
the current web interface to do this.  At this early stage of the game
with Mailman, I'm not willing to be doing things like patching
Mailman, so I was wondering if anyone has solved this problem with a
stand-alone CGI script that handles the required list owner
authentication?

Lacking that, is there a way that I could confirm a list's password
from the command line so I could roll my own CGI script to expose a
transaction service for a select group of my list owners?  (Along with
the authentication requirement I would also limit its use to only
certain lists.)

   - Using Mailman version: 2.1.20
   - Python 2.4.3 (#1, Oct 23 2012, 22:02:41)
   - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.11 (Tikanga)

--
                                   Cordially,