[Mailman-Users] e-mails being kind of blackholed when sent to list or list-robot

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 17 13:17:10 EST 2016

On 02/16/2016 10:14 PM, Fernando Gont wrote:

> Essentially, any emails that I send to the mail-robot aliases (e.g.
> listname-request at mydomain.com) are kind of blackholed: I don't get a
> response from mailman, but I also don't get any sort of "user unknown
> message" either.
>
> Similarly, if I try to post to the list, the messages vanish (they are
> not forwarded to the subscribers but you don't get a "reject", either).
> This is my Postfix config (postconf -n):
>
> ---- cut here ----

OK

> This is mm_cfg.py:
>
> ----cut here ----

OK

> If I look at /var/log/mail.info, I can see that my messages (the one I
> set to the robot ipv6hackers-request at lists.si6networks.com, and the one
> where I tried to post to the list at ipv6hackers at lists.si6netwoks.com)
> have been handled to mailman, aparently:
>
> ---- cut here ----
> # -*- python -*-
>
> # Copyright (C) 1998,1999,2000 by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This is another copy of mm_cfg.py, not a copy of relevant
/var/log/mail.info (or /var/log/mail.log) entries.

> ----cut here ----

Do the actual entries contain things like

status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request
ipv6hackers)

and

status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post
ipv6hackers)

Or do they perhaps say

status=sent (delivered via mailman service)

> But the logs in var/log/mailman remain unaffected.

including /var/log/mailman/error?