[Mailman-Users] Config dump? - WAS Re: speed up mailman

Ruben Safir mrbrklyn at panix.com
Mon Feb 29 03:49:38 EST 2016

On 02/29/2016 03:08 AM, Hank van Cleef wrote:
> a. What is your computer hardware?

fit/pc2 Intel Atom with a gig of ram and 2 gigs of swap on a tetrabyte
----- /proc/cpuinfo -----
  processor     : 0
  vendor_id     : GenuineIntel
  cpu family    : 6
  model         : 28
  model name    : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z510   @ 1.10GHz
  stepping      : 2
  microcode     : 0x211
  cpu MHz               : 1100.000
  cache size    : 512 KB
  physical id   : 0
  siblings      : 1
  core id               : 0
  cpu cores     : 1
  apicid                : 0
  initial apicid        : 0
  fdiv_bug      : no
  f00f_bug      : no
  coma_bug      : no
  fpu           : yes
  fpu_exception : yes
  cpuid level   : 10
  wp            : yes
  flags         : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl
est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dtherm
  bogomips      : 2194.49
  clflush size  : 64
  cache_alignment       : 64
  power management:

although I have run the lists previously on a PentiumII

> b. What operating system are you running?

opensuse 13.2 upgraded from Slackware 3.4

> c. What is your current DNS setup?  (I presume a couple of ISP servers
> not on your site).

 whois nylxs.com
Tech Email: ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Name Server: WWW2.MRBRKLYN.COM
Name Server: NS1.LINUXMAFIA.COM

www:~ # dig mx nylxs.com

; <<>> DiG 9.9.2 <<>> mx nylxs.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;nylxs.com.                     IN      MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
nylxs.com.              86400   IN      MX      10 www2.mrbrklyn.com.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
nylxs.com.              86400   IN      NS      ns1.linuxmafia.com.
nylxs.com.              86400   IN      NS      www2.mrbrklyn.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
www2.mrbrklyn.com.      86400   IN      A       96.57.23.82
ns1.linuxmafia.com.     63442   IN      A       198.144.195.186

;; Query time: 3 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Mon Feb 29 03:45:12 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 143

> d. Where did you get your Mailman package?  Prebuilt package for your
> O/S?  Build and install from Mailman source?

probably from the opensuse repos

> e. What are the contents of your mm_cfg.py file?

see previous emails

> f. What's the volume of your outgoing mail?  That's number of
> messages/hr, average message size, number of users receiving mail.
> And how much other mail is your MTA handling along with Mailman mail?

maybe 20K emails an hour or less.

> g. What is your connection to the internet backbone?  And what is your
> upload speed?

Cable  with a 50 Mbps downloads and 25 Mbps uploads connection... in
theory.  Faster than the DLS I used to have with Covad before 9-11.

Reuvain
http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com