[Mailman-Users] transport-mailman and virtual-mailman not updated with new list

Eggert Ehmke eggert.ehmke at berlin.de
Thu Jan 7 11:05:34 EST 2016

Am Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016, 16:23:52 schrieb Mark Sapiro:
> On 01/06/2016 03:56 PM, Eggert Ehmke wrote:
> > POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['domain1.de', 'domain2.de']
> >
> > # for list in `bin/list_lists -b`; do  bin/dumpdb lists/$list/config.pck |
> > grep host_name.:; done
> >
> >     'host_name': 'lists.domain2.de',
> >     'host_name': 'lists.domain1.de',
> >     'host_name': 'vxxxxxxxxxxxx.yourvserver.net',
> >     'host_name': 'domain1.de',
> >     'host_name': 'lists.domain1.de',
> >
> > Where domain1 is the domain of the old list, domain2 the domain of the new
> > list. Vxxxxxx is the hostname that my provider has assigned to the server.
>
> The names in POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS must exactly match the
> host_names. I.e. for the above, the only list that will get
> data/virtual-mailman and data/transport-mailman entries is the one with
> host_name = 'domain1.de'.

That is indeed so.

> Since host_name is intended to be the email domain of the list, not the
> web domain, I'm guessing that the host_name values for the three lists
> that currently begin with 'lists.' should actually be just 'domain1.de'
> or 'domain2.de', but if you really mail to these lists
> @lists.domainx.de, you need to add 'lists.domain2.de' and
> 'lists.domain1.de' to POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS.
>
> Also, if 'vxxxxxxxxxxxx.yourvserver.net' is a virtual domain as opposed
> to a Postfix mydestination (local) domain, that needs to be in
> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS too.

The Vxxxxx is not a virtual domain and will not be used.

Ok I changed /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py and removed the "lists" from the
hostnames. It lookes like this now:
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain1.de'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'domain1.de'
add_virtualhost('domain2.de', 'domain2.de')

Now the above command produces this list:
    'host_name': 'domain2.de',
    'host_name': 'lists.domain1.de',
    'host_name': 'vxxxxxx.yourvserver.net',
    'host_name': 'domain1.de',
    'host_name': 'lists.domain1.de',

When running genaliases again,
data/aliases contains all lists in both domains, db is updated
data/transport-mailman contains only one list of both domains,
data/virtual-mailman contains only one list of both domains, db is not updated

Anyway, the most importand list is now there. I run postmap on the virtual-
mailman manually. Mailinglist still not working, that may be a postfix problem.