[Mailman-Users] transport-mailman and virtual-mailman not updated with new list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 8 15:00:24 EST 2016

On 01/08/2016 11:34 AM, Eggert Ehmke wrote:

> finally it works! The clue was that the
> VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_DOMAIN = 'localhost'
> was missing in mm_cfg.py. After that the mail was delivered locally, and
> mailman could send it to the list members. The /usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-
> mailman.py line in master.cf is commented out, it indeed works fine following
> your hints.

I'm glad it's working, however something is still not right with your
implementation of the things in the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/10715238>. If you have implemented the things in
that FAQ completely and correctly, the setting of
VIRTUAL_MAILMAN_LOCAL_DOMAIN wouldn't change anything because appending
@localhost to the destinations in virtual-mailman wouldn't affect the
content of transport-mailman and further POSTFIX_MAP_CMD would not
update virtual-mailman.db.