[Mailman-Users] Handling bogus subscribe requests

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sat Jan 16 19:02:58 EST 2016

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:55:21 -0600 "Gibbs, David"
<david at midrange.com> wrote:
> On 1/12/2016 11:54 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
> > There are threads on this in the archives of this list. See
> > threads containing the posts
> > <https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2015-September/079829.html>
>
> I can confirm that the technique used in this post work great.

I have direct evidence that the asshats are now using "+" strings
after the main address that are not strictly numeric. They seem to
have responded to the simple ways of stopping them.

What's a good technique at this point to slow them down besides
regexps? I'm stuck on 2.1.18 at the moment as a debian user.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com