[Mailman-Users] Filtering out Digest replies

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 12 15:22:04 EDT 2016

On 07/12/2016 07:24 AM, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 3:04 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
>> is something you should look at before deciding to stay with a product
>> after end-of-line.
>
> Doesn't this list traffic and interest prove that mm2x is nowhere near
> end of life?   I mean the interest is here, should that be actively
> discouraged?

It depends on how you define "end of life". Granted there will be MM 2.1
lists in use for a very long time. There may still even be Mailman 2.0
lists in active use.

The real question is not how long there will be users, but how long will
Mailman 2.1 be actively supported and maintained, and whether it makes
sense for new installations to use a package with little or no further
development in sight vs. one with an active and growing development and
support community.