[Mailman-Users] Filtering out Digest replies

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:39:27 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Whose interest in this task is waxing?  I'm not going to say that
> user-supported software whose core developers have moved
> on can't work (eg, qmail), but it's rare.  And this particular thread
> requires a programmer to hack on it.  Are there volunteers?

Is the issue really lack of people who can commit?  Every time I look
at launchpad I'm amazed at the number of active participants.

> If not, the way forward is Mailman 3.

No one doubts that.   The timing for that is what is in question.
Considering LTS releases, MM2.1 could be in some level of production
until 2019.   Someone from the MM team will have to deal with CVEs,
etc., and I guess everybody is presuming that will still be Mark.
What I doubt we will see is a mass migration to MM3, people just don't
normally do that until in-house milestones (new infrastructure,
hardware crashed and all data is lost, etc.)

-Jim P.