[Mailman-Users] DMARC problems

Richard Johnson raj at mischievous.us
Fri Jul 15 16:45:55 EDT 2016

I've been running a number of mailing lists for quite a while and never noticed any problems until I setup one which has some yahoo and hotmail addresses on it.  Now I have to deal with the DMARC problem.  :(

Looking at:

https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

I see it says:

> In 2.1.16 a from_is_list feature was implemented which if enabled by a site configuration option would offer a list admin the ability to either:
>
> 	• Rewrite (Munge) the From: header with the posters name 'via the list' and the list's address and merge the poster's address into Reply-To: or
> 	• Wrap the message as a message/rfc822 sub-part in a MIME format outer message with From: and Reply-To: as above.

I'm running 2.1.17 and the only thing I see which seems related to this is the "anonymous list" option under General Options.  Is this what's being referred to here, or is there some other "site configuration" (i.e., per-site configuration?) method somewhere?

/raj