[Mailman-Users] Wrong encoding in moderation request mails with Mailman 2.1.15

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 10 12:25:06 EDT 2016

On 06/10/2016 05:17 AM, Peter Heitzer wrote:

> It is the latter. If I set the language to german, I get the umlauts displayed
> correctly.
> So it is the expected behavior although at least for the web pages I would
> have expected to
> get the correct display of the subject.

If you want to avoid this issue on lists whose preferred language is
English and you have access to the server, you can change Mailman's
character set for English by putting

add_language('en', 'English (USA)', 'utf-8')

in mm_cfg.py. The downside of doing this is that message body parts that
have Mailman added msg_header or msg_footer will be base64 encoded.