[Mailman-Users] Fwd: apple-crop post from rbarthel at wi.rr.com requires approval

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 13 12:08:15 EDT 2016

On 06/12/2016 10:32 AM, Jon Clements wrote:
> Hi, any idea why when I visit the admindb page it says "There are no
> pending requests." What should I look for??? I believe it has worked
> previously. Mailman 2.1.20 running on Yosemite 10.10.5 after a novice
> installation (that was a hoot!) but has been working seemingly OK for
> several months.

If you only received the one notice and nothing further, it is likely
the user canceled the post before you went to the admindb page. Check
Mailman's vette log for more.

Since it was a non-member post, a likely scenario is the user replied to
a list post from the 'wrong' address, received the held post notice,
realized his mistake, canceled the post and reposted from the his member
address.

If on the other hand you are receiving a daily 'n moderator requests'
notice, see <https://wiki.list.org/x/8683538>.