[Mailman-Users] problems unsubscribing from lists using email address?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Tue Jun 14 10:59:52 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 08:45:11PM +1000, Adam Morris wrote:
> in the footer of messages for lists I run I put a link for people to
> unsubscribe.
>
> the link is
>
> listname dash unsubscribe at domain.
>
> If someone clicks on this link and sends a message there is no confirmation
> and they stay subscribed.
>
> If i go to the members interface and untick the box they get unsubscribed.
>

> If someone tries to subscribe using the same method it works fine.
>
> Assistance appreciated.

Do you have the "-unsubscribe" suffix set-up in your MTA? Either globally, or
for that/those list(s)?

help you.

It's possibly worth checking the logs of your MTA to see what happens, as well
as the Mailman 'subscribe' log.

I'm guessing this isn't as simple as the link not being
"mailto:foo-unsubscribe…" (but wouldn't rule that out).

--
—
"The Minister's office rang back saying that he would be delighted