[Mailman-Users] Our list serv host is threatening to shut us down for spam abuse

Richard Shetron guest2 at sgeinc.com
Sat Jun 18 09:15:40 EDT 2016

I had a customer with that problem.  We ended up using individual emails
and adding the email address to the footer.  I don't remember the field,
something user or user- something.  I had a program to scan those
reports for the tag and provide the list of addresses to the list
manager.  I think I ran it out of cron daily to scan the Maildir where
those bounces/complaints ended up.

I had the list manager for those lists change to individual emails so
that the email address could be added to the footer/signature as AOL and
others seemed to never strip that part off.  AOL redacted the headers
making them useless for determining the address to remove.