[Mailman-Users] Renaming a list

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Mar 23 13:39:42 EDT 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 11:02:10AM -0700, Chris Nulk wrote:
> I have a copy of Mark's clone_list command and it will allow us to
> rename lists.  Which is great and not a problem for me.  However, I
> am not the person normally involved with list creation, etc. Another
> group does it.  Normally through the web interface which works well
> for them.  Unless a mistake is made then they have to use the
> command line tools.  Again, not a problem for me but that group has
> very limited knowledge of linux/unix and Mailman.

If they can be assumed to use old list and new list as parameters
(although I could do a check for each…)

    https://gist.github.com/adamamyl/6909815#file-rename-list

may be useful

invoked as `rename-list old-list new-list`

--
"If the media object to a judgment or sentencing decision,
 we suggest they focus their efforts on persuading the