[Mailman-Users] Recipient field at webui

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Mar 26 12:55:52 EDT 2016

On 03/26/2016 03:42 AM, Boris Samorodov wrote:

> Seems I misused the terminology. By "webui" I meant ordinary user
> interface, i.e. when a user looks though an archive. Sorry.
>
> Is it possible to show original recipient(s) at user web interface?
> (In my case there is only a couple of them actually)

If you are talking about the built-in pipermail archiver for Mailman
2.1, the answer is No[1]. The individual post HTML pages show only the
sender. The periodic .txt(.gz) files do not have To: or Cc: headers.

This is true for all posts in the archive regardless of whether the list
was or was not explicitly addressed. I.e. for any post in the pipermail
archive it is not possible to see the explicit addressees of that message.

There are no plans to change that.

If you are talking about some other, external archive, that's up to the
archiver which is not under our control.

[1] It is possible to download the entire cumulative archive mbox via a
URL like http://example.com/mailman/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox
and that mbox does have the original To: and Cc: headers of the
messages, but it is the entire archive and not a practical way to see
these headers for a specific message.