[Mailman-Users] header field: Sender

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 31 23:16:57 EDT 2016

On 3/31/16 10:34 AM, willi uebelherr wrote:

> i am so happy about your strong cooperation. it is fantastic.

That's what we're here for. We want to help.

> Here i will show you some of the header. The mailman version is not
> included. And you see, that the administrators of this list don´t
> understand the difference from ...-request and ...-bounces.

> Sender: joly.nyc at gmail.com
> From: Joly MacFie <joly at punkcast.com>
> Sender: bestbits-request at lists.bestbits.net

This mailman installation has non-standard patches/code.

In standard GNU Mailman, both Errors-To: and Sender: as added by Mailman
will be to the listname-bounces address. Here they go to -owner and
-request respectively, so the most likely explanation for multiple
Sender: headers is the installation's modified code doesn't remove the
Sender: headers before adding its own.