[Mailman-Users] Stop Backlogged Messages From Going Out

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 4 10:52:40 EDT 2016

On 05/04/2016 06:12 AM, Craig Pettersen wrote:
>   However after things went back up I've received two messages from the
> list and I have no idea where they've been hiding.  Since I can't have
> people upset with 20 emails from the list showing up in their inboxes I
> shut postfix and mailman down.  Now I need some help figuring out how to
> find and stop any old messages from going out and delete them.  Can anyone
> help me understand how to do that?

They've probably all been sent already, but any messages queued in
Mailman will be in Mailman's qfiles directory. In a source install the
queues are directories like $var_prefix/qfiles/in/,
$var_prefix/qfiles/out/ and so on, and the actual queued messages are
*.pck files in the directories.

Packages may or may not have a 'qfiles' directory. E.g., in the
RedHat/CentOS package the queues are /var/spool/mailman/in/,
/var/spool/mailman/out/, etc.