[Mailman-Users] Valid emails being unsubscribed?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 20 13:40:24 EDT 2016

On 05/20/2016 09:57 AM, Steve Wehr wrote:

> Where could I go to learn more about why bounces are received, and try to debug this problem? Does the community have any suggestions for me? Thanks.

You need to see what the bounces are:

Ensure that the list's bounce processing settings
bounce_notify_owner_on_disable and if available (2.1.19 or later)
bounce_notify_owner_on_bounce_increment are set to Yes. Then the list
owner will get notices containing the actual bounce DSN and you can see
what the reasons are.

It is possible that recipients do not like the IP address or mail
configuration in your new installation, but normally this results in a
refusal at SMTP time rather than acceptance and return of a DSN