[Mailman-Users] Remove someone from list of lists but not from child lists?

Ryan Stasel rstasel at uoregon.edu
Fri May 27 13:38:07 EDT 2016

All,

Just a quick question that I’m sure the answer is “not possible”. I have several lists that are subsets of users (faculty, staff, etc). Then we have a list of lists called “everyone”. But that “everyone” list gets abused by members sending out crap that people really don’t care to see.

So, I’ve had some requests to remove people from “everyone” but obviously keep them in their respective “child list”. Is this possible?

The everyone list is set up with the child lists being members, then also setting regular_include_lists so that people that are part of multiple child lists don’t get duplicates.

btw, running mailman 2.1.14.

Thanks!

-Ryan Stasel