[Mailman-Users] Remove someone from list of lists but not from child lists?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 27 15:38:15 EDT 2016

On 05/27/2016 11:23 AM, Ryan Stasel wrote:

> Sorry, you’re right, while the lists are members, they’re all set to “nomail”.

Why are the list's members at all?

> The list does have a couple individuals, but not many. They’re really only there so they can send. But obviously I could put them in non-members.

It's probably fine if they are members.

> Nothing is in regular_exclude_lists. regular_include_lists is as I said, more lists. A lot of individual emails is n accept_these_nonmembers. Basically everyone that can send to the list.

So, as long as you don't have things like @child_listname in the
"everyone" list's accept_these_nonmembers, you can just remove the
problem posters from that setting and their posts will then be handled
according to generic_nonmember_action.

They will still receive posts to "everyone" via their
regular_include_lists membership and will still be able to post to their
lists of which they are members, but not to the "everyone" list.

> For the children, they have nothing set in regular_*_lists.

OK