[Mailman-Users] Regenerate HTML pages for new URLs in pipermail

Rainer Müller raimue at codingfarm.de
Mon Nov 21 08:27:50 EST 2016

On 2016-11-18 18:27, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> If the listinfo URL has changed, Other saved URLs to archived messages
> are probably already broken :(

There are redirects from the old listinfo URL to the new one, so that
should work for the time being. I just do not want to spread any more
links to the old URLs.

> If the cumulative archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox has not
> been manually modified, and it contains no spurious unescaped "^From "
> lines in message bodies (see bin/cleanarch and maybe
> <https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/check_arch>), rebuilding the archive
> with 'bin/arch --wipe' should not change the archived message numbers.

Thank you for the hint. I checked that the mbox file itself is clean.
However, with the help of the check_arch script I could determine that
the mbox contains mails without corresponding HTML output files in the
archive. That caused the sequence numbers in the mbox and the HTML files
to be out of sync. As I took this over from others and this happened
years ago without anyone noticing, I have no idea what went wrong at
this point.

Based on this I will keep the old (corrupted) archive as a read-only
copy at a different URL, with redirects from the old archive URLs
pointing to this. Then I can start fresh with a proper archive from the
existing mbox files.

Thank you for the assistance,

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list