[Mailman-Users] list_members when listname has a period

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Nov 21 18:47:30 EST 2016

Mark Dale writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm using version 2.1.23

What operating system is used by your host?  What is your MTA?  Are
you using a service manager such as cPanel or Plesk?  Have you applied
any patches to Mailman?

While I cannot rule out a Mailman problem, as far as I know embedded
periods in list names should work in recent Mailman 2.1.  However,
operating systems and service configuration managers often distribute
Mailman with patches.  If patches are used to improve Mailman's
compatibility with virtual hosting, it's possible that the list's real
name is different from the apparent name, and that the withlist
scripts haven't been updated correctly to handle both virtual hosts
and list post addresses with embedded periods.