[Mailman-Users] Changing MTAs on Mailman box

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Nov 21 18:47:35 EST 2016

Bryan Carbonnell writes:

 > Is there anything on the Mailman side that I need to do after the
 > change?

The Postfix integration may recommend putting cron scripts and init
scripts in a different place.  Make sure that any such scripts and
their invocations installed for Sendmail are removed or moved to the
locations expected by Postscript.  You probably don't even have to
move them since Mailman is presumably not going to change, so there
may be nothing to worry about, but duplicated scripts are a common
source of problems.

Other than that as far as I know the only thing you need to do is
configure Postfix to forward mail to Mailman.

 > I looked at the Postfix integration section in the installation
 > manual, http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-integration.html
 > and am just a bit unsure if these are the steps to take since this is
 > an existing Mailman installation.

There shouldn't be any difference.  If you're on a Debian system or
derived there may be a postfix-to-mailman script around somewhere;
make sure that is not active.  The installation in the Postfix
integration page you cite is preferred.  And it is easier for us to
help you with any problems if you use that rather than the Debian
script.

Mark S. may have further advice, but I'm sufficiently confident that I
recommend that you just get started. :-)

Steve