[Mailman-Users] Google not delivering E-Mail from an mailling list...

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Nov 22 20:04:37 EST 2016

At Tue, 22 Nov 2016 16:00:45 -0800 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 11/22/2016 03:31 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
> > I have a subscriber of a Mailman email list that is NOT getting mail sent to
> > the list.  My MTA (Postfix under CentOS 6) is logging that the mail is being
> > sent to Google's inbound MTA:
> > but the mail is not getting to the subscriber -- it is not showing up in her
> > inbox. What should this user do? Is there some sort of setting or something
> > that this subscriber needs to do with her gmail account? The subscriber is not
> > a techie and probably needs help dealing with Google's weirdnesses.
>

> Is it all list posts she doesn't receive or only her own. If it's only
> her own, see <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030680>.

She hasn't posted anything.  She also did not receive the E-Mail confirmation
message -- I ended up adding her manually ("Bulk Subscribtions").

> If she doesn't receive other list posts, has she looked in her spam
> folder? Do other gmail users receive the posts?

It is not in her spam folder.  I believe other gmail users are receiving posts
(I have not received any complaints).

> If she finds posts in spam, she should go to her gmail settings (in the
> gmail web UI, click the 'gear' icon and then 'settings')
>
> Then on the 'inbox' tab select 'Filtered mail: -> Override filters' and
> on the 'Filters and Blocked Addresses' tab make sure there are no list
> related addresses in 'blocked addresses'.
>
> The old standby of adding 'wendell-townsfolk-bounces at deepsoft.com' to
> her gmail address book may help.
>
> Bottom line is this is a Google issue. We can guess and suggest, but
> only Google actually knows.

I know, but Google generally is not really telling and does not really have
much in the way of customer support.  *I* don't use Google, but I figured
someone here might have had this problem and might know how to troubleshoot
it.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933