[Mailman-Users] Google not delivering E-Mail from an mailling list...

Brett Delmage brett at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Nov 22 21:40:32 EST 2016

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016, Richard Damon wrote:

> On 11/22/16 6:31 PM, Robert Heller wrote:
>> I have a subscriber of a Mailman email list that is NOT getting mail
>> sent to the list.  My MTA (Postfix under CentOS 6) is logging that the
>> mail is being sent to Google's inbound MTA:

> One issue I sometimes see with Gmail is that list messages get placed in one
> of the 'alternate' inboxes (like social or forum).

This. I have seen messages from my list filed in alternate inboxes
suddenly..

One thing Gmail is about is reliable and easy seach. Use it as a tool.

Have your subscriber enter search items like "Subject: Confirm" or
subject: [list name] or from: list address and gmail should find the
message, no matter what folder it's hidden in.

Also, because of the amount of spam it is subject to, Gmail does pay more
attention to the presence of proper DKIM headers and SPF records.

Brett