[Mailman-Users] Time needed to deliver list messages

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Nov 30 16:11:33 EST 2016

On 11/30/2016 12:22 PM, Christian F Buser via Mailman-Users wrote:

> Our lists run on a cPanel installation of Mailman (cPanel version
> 60.0.25, Mailman version 2.1.23). Messages sent to the list take some
> long time to be delivered to the subscribers - in the best case it is
> about 10 minutes, but it can take up to over 40 minutes.
>
> We asked our provider about it, and he tried to finetune some
> settings on the server - so far without success. He said he also
> contacted cPanel support and their response was "this is normal -
> there is nothing they can do about it", he said.
>
> My question to all who run Mailman on cPanel: Is it true? Are you
> also experiencing delivery delays?

I don't have direct experience with cPanel, but there are a number of
hosting services that provide Mailman via cPanel, and as far as I know,
this is not a systemic problem.

As I tried to indicate in my earlier reply at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2016-November/081539.html>,
this is an Exim issue. I'm certain that the Exim configuration on the
host server can be tuned so this is not a problem. If your hosting
provider is unable or unwilling to do this, you should investigate other
hosting services.

Also, please see the next to last paragraph in my earlier reply for
specific information about what the host can do.