[Mailman-Users] What log file do I check for successful transmission to the SMTP server?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Oct 14 19:12:00 EDT 2016

On 10/14/2016 03:56 PM, Dominik Hoffmann wrote:
> So, all of my testing has so far been with email addresses that have their destination on the same system as the one, on which Mailman is running. I just tried a list that has all external destinations.
>
> What log files should I look at to see, what might be going wrong?

If there are problems in Mailman's SMTP delivery to the MTA, they will
be logged in Mailman's smtp-failure log. Also, whether the message is
rejected by the MTA at SMTP time or accepted and then rejected later
there should be an entry in Mailman's bounce log, although this doesn't
contain diagnostic info.

Also the MTA's logs should have complete info.