[Mailman-Users] Recipient disabled due to bounces

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Oct 21 04:20:32 EDT 2016

--On 21. Oktober 2016 um 09:48:36 +0200 Christian F Buser via Mailman-Users
<mailman-users at python.org> wrote:

> I just gor a message from Mailman that a list subscription has been
> disabled because of too many bounces. This is quite okay, I think - but
> when I look at the Mailman management page, the user is still there as a
> subscribe. The only difference is the check mark and a "B" in the area
> "no message (reason)".
>
> Of course, he does not receive any more messages, and the "B" probably
> means because messages have bounced. But why isn't he unsubscribed
> completely?

Once a user is disabled, by default Mailman keeps sending a few messages to
the address to check if it's working again. This is controlled by the
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings setting.
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.