[Mailman-Users] Moderation not working

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 30 10:47:13 EDT 2016

On 10/30/2016 12:01 AM, Wouter van Marle wrote:

> In the web interface, I open the list, go to "Tend to pending moderator requests", and set the messages to either "Reject" or "Discard", then click the "Submit All Data" button.
>
> A pop-up appears, security warning:
> "The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party.
>
> Are you sure you want to send this information?"
>
> I click Continue, and get back the same page with all the to-be-moderated messages untouched. Nothing happens.

You are accessing the admindb pages via https, but the form action URLs
on the pages are http. Your server redirects the http URL to https and
the redirect loses the POST data.

This is discussed at <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030602> and
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030702>. You need to do steps 2. and 3. at
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030702>. If you are not an admin of the
Mailman installation, then tell the admins they need to do this.